Qualifications related to yoga & massage
- Diploma Hatha Yoga (Aranya Tibetan Order with Anne Sharpen) 2009-2010
- Diploma Satyanada Yoga (Academy Yoga Science) 2003-Jan 2014 - over 1440hrs. I have incorporated the teachings into my life the teachings into my life since 2003 (almost 20years). I helped teach at the ashram and with yogic studies teacher training once I had qualified.
- Yoga Therapist (Yoga Therapy Institute) 2016
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultant (Dr. Rama Prasad & Caroline Robinson) 2019
- Hypnobirthing Practitioner (Sophie Fletcher, Mindful Mamma) updated 2021 - I'm not actively doing this now as hypnobirthing is no longer covered by insurance.
- Diploma Remedial Massage Therapy (Evolve College) Feb 2022
- MFR - I've completed most of my certificate but still have a bit to go so freebies with massage bookings if you are interested!!
ACCREDITATIONS / memberships - all current and valid
- Yoga - Yoga Australia 3813 exp. - recognised as a Senior Level yoga teacher (YA recognises teachers of just 200hrs even with no experience so this doesn't mean a lot but it's what people look for to check you have some formal training)
- Satyananda Yoga - SYTA - classical therapeutic style of yoga rich in meditation and pranayama
- Yoga Therapy - AAYT (studied with Yoga Therapy Institute - Sal Flynn, Kaye Tribe, Annette Loudon)
- Remedial Massage - AMT - Senior Level 1 Membership - ask for my provider number for rebates upon booking.
- Hypnobirthing - certificate to practice current via Mindfulmamma, UK (no longer offering this as insurance doesn't cover it but there are yoga mindfulness and calming techniques that can be useful to know about that are similar and may be helpful in keeping you calm and feeling a little bit more empowered that I am happy to share in a prenatal private class).
FIRST AID / CPR / INSURANCE and memberships all up to date
- First aid exp. 14 July 2025
- Professional Development - up-to-date (necessary for memberships. I have completed years of courses including yoga for stress, anxiety, elderly, tantra, mantra, chakra & kundalini, myofacial release and many more).
- Insurance - AJG valid exp. 30 June 2024
- Working with children - WWC0643378E exp. 1/10/25
- Police check - up to date (valid until 2027)
I am a Senior level teacher and qualified yoga therapist. Yoga is my passion as it helps bring balance and rewire our neural pathways, changing negative to positive and growing/ learning to live to our full potential. I am also an Ayurveda Lifestyle consultant, hypnobirthing consultant and more recently a remedial massage therapist. I have been practicing yoga for 30 years and teaching for 12 years. I have 2 Yoga Teacher Diplomas, Hatha yoga and Satyananda yoga (which is a traditional, classical, therapeutic and meditative style). My training journey began in 2003 when I moved to Australia, pregnant with my first child. I opened up Yoga in Hornsby in 2010 after completing a diploma in Hatha yoga.
Mostly, my classes are small and taught in a private studio. I have fully, up-to-date insurance, first aid/CPR, Yoga Australia membership and SYTA membership. I am a qualified Yoga Therapist (recognised by AAYT & a member of AAYT). I attend regular professional development courses, workshops, conferences to update and develop my skills.
This Government accredited Satyananda Teaching qualification is a Nationally recognised course. I am affiliated with SYTA and Yoga Australia (SYTA3813). Due to the high number of training hours (1440hrs) it is recognised by Yoga Australia as being a course over 200hrs. Rebates with Medicare are currently no longer available for yoga if you are on a healthcare plan sadly though some people on NDIS are able to claim back. We are hoping this will change soon particularly for therapeutic yoga. Rebates for Remedial massage are however available.
WeeblyLink to health providers who offer rebates for RMT