Qualifications related to yoga & massage
- Diploma Hatha Yoga (Aranya Tibetan Order with Anne Sharpen) 2009-2010
- Diploma Satyanada Yoga (Academy Yoga Science) 2003-Jan 2014 - over 1440hrs although I spent a lot longer incorporating the teachings into my life during this time and attending bridging courses to keep it current as well as teaching at the ashram and helping with yogic studies teacher training once qualified.
- Yoga Therapist (Yoga Institute) 2016
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultant (Dr. Rama Prasad & Caroline Robinson) 2019
- Hypnobirthing Practitioner (Sophie Fletcher, Mindful Mamma) updated 2021
- Diploma Remedial Massage Therapy (Evolve College) to complete 5 Dec 2021
MEMBERSHIPS - all current and valid
- Yoga - Yoga Australia 3813 exp. - recognised as a Senior Level yoga teacher
- Satyananda Yoga - SYTA
- Yoga Therapy - AAYT
- Massage - AMT - student membership in process & will be transferred to practitioner membership
FIRST AID / INSURANCE etc all up to date
- First aid and CPR exp. 31 July 2023 (cpr due to be updated after lockdown 7 Nov 21)
- Professional Development - up-to-date (necessary for memberships. I have completed years of courses including yoga for stress, anxiety, elderly, personal development, tantra, mantra, chakra and many more).
- Insurance - AJG valid exp. 30 June 2022.
- Working with children - WWC0643378E exp. 1/10/25
I am a Senior level teacher and yoga therapist. Yoga is my passion as it is all about rewiring our neural pathways and changing negative to positive and growing/ learning to live to our full potential. I am also an Ayurveda Lifestyle consultant, hypnobirthing consultant and soon to be remedial massage therapist. I have been practicing yoga for 30 years and teaching for over 10 years. I have 2 Yoga Teacher Diplomas, Hatha yoga and Satyananda yoga (which is a traditional, classical, therapeutic and meditative style) plus I am a qualified Yoga Therapist. My training journey began in 2003 when I moved to Australia, pregnant with my first child. I opened up Yoga in Hornsby in 2010 after completing a diploma in Hatha yoga.
Mostly, my classes are small and taught in a private studio. I have fully, up-to-date insurance, first aid/CPR, Yoga Australia membership and SYTA membership. I am a qualified Yoga Therapist (recognised by AAYT & a member of AAYT). I attend regular professional development courses, workshops, conferences to update and develop my skills.
This Government accredited Satyananda Teaching qualification is a Nationally recognised course. I am affiliated with SYTA and Yoga Australia (SYTA3813). Due to the high number of training hours (1440hrs) it is recognised by Yoga Australia as being a course over 500hrs. Rebates with Medicare are currently no longer available for yoga if you are on a healthcare plan but we are hoping this will change soon particularly for therapeutic yoga.