Qualifications related to yoga & massage
- Diploma Hatha Yoga (Aranya Tibetan Order with Anne Sharpen) 2009-2010
- Diploma Satyanada Yoga (Academy Yoga Science) 2003-Jan 2014 - over 1440hrs. I have incorporated the teachings into my life the teachings into my life since 2003 (almost 20years). I helped teach at the ashram and with yogic studies teacher training once I had qualified.
- Yoga Therapist (Yoga Therapy Institute) 2016
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultant (Dr. Rama Prasad & Caroline Robinson) 2019
- Hypnobirthing Practitioner (Sophie Fletcher, Mindful Mamma) updated 2021
- Diploma Remedial Massage Therapy (Evolve College) Feb 2022
ACCREDITATIONS / memberships - all current and valid
- Yoga - Yoga Australia 3813 exp. - recognised as a Senior Level yoga teacher (YA recognises teachers of just 200hrs even with no experience so this doesn't mean a lot but it's what people look for to check you have some formal training)
- Satyananda Yoga - SYTA - classical therapeutic style of yoga rich in meditation and pranayama
- Yoga Therapy - AAYT (studied with Yoga Therapy Institute - Sal Flynn, Kaye Tribe, Annette Loudon)
- Remedial Massage - AMT - Senior Level 1 Membership - ask for my provider number for rebates upon booking.
- Hypnobirthing - certificate to practice current via Mindfulmamma, UK
FIRST AID / CPR / INSURANCE all up to date as below
- First aid and CPR exp. 31 July 2023 (cpr updated until 7 November 2022)
- Professional Development - up-to-date (necessary for memberships. I have completed years of courses including yoga for stress, anxiety, elderly, personal development, tantra, mantra, chakra and many more).
- Insurance - AJG valid exp. 30 June 2022.
- Working with children - WWC0643378E exp. 1/10/25
- Police check - up to date (valid until 2027)
I am a Senior level teacher and qualified yoga therapist. Yoga is my passion as it helps bring balance and rewire our neural pathways, changing negative to positive and growing/ learning to live to our full potential. I am also an Ayurveda Lifestyle consultant, hypnobirthing consultant and more recently a remedial massage therapist. I have been practicing yoga for 30 years and teaching for 12 years. I have 2 Yoga Teacher Diplomas, Hatha yoga and Satyananda yoga (which is a traditional, classical, therapeutic and meditative style). My training journey began in 2003 when I moved to Australia, pregnant with my first child. I opened up Yoga in Hornsby in 2010 after completing a diploma in Hatha yoga.
Mostly, my classes are small and taught in a private studio. I have fully, up-to-date insurance, first aid/CPR, Yoga Australia membership and SYTA membership. I am a qualified Yoga Therapist (recognised by AAYT & a member of AAYT). I attend regular professional development courses, workshops, conferences to update and develop my skills.
This Government accredited Satyananda Teaching qualification is a Nationally recognised course. I am affiliated with SYTA and Yoga Australia (SYTA3813). Due to the high number of training hours (1440hrs) it is recognised by Yoga Australia as being a course over 200hrs. Rebates with Medicare are currently no longer available for yoga if you are on a healthcare plan but we are hoping this will change soon particularly for therapeutic yoga. Rebates for Remedial massage are however available.
WeeblyLink to health providers who offer rebates for RMT